CPA has a variety of tools to help you become a strong advocate for Smart Trade.
1. Trade Deficits: The Biggest Drain of Dollars and Jobs. Why the trade deficit is the core economic problem we face. Balancing trade will help eliminate the unemployment, growth and government budget deficit problems.
2. Trans-Pacific partnership: What should Congress Require? Thirteen principles for any new trade agreement to serve U.S. economic interests.
3. Currency manipulation. Neutralize persistent currency undervaluation that costs millions of U.S. jobs.
4. Foreign Border (VAT) Taxes. The biggest trade distortion faced by U.S. producers.
5. Duty Evasion: Support the ENFORCE Act to crack down on fraudulent avoidance of duty orders by unscrupulous foreign shippers. For more extensive information and real world examples, see Duty Evasion: how ‘Trade Cheats’ Steal Our Treasure.
6. Country of Origin Labeling: Support New USDA Rules.
7. 21st Century Trade Agreement Principles: CPA and other organizations drafted a document listing 13 principles that should be included in any 21st Century Trade Agreement. Over 150 organizations and companies have signed on.